We offer a complete service from feasibility, technical appraisal, pump and equipment selection, costing and drilling.
Planning and managing all health, safety, environmental and CDM requirements.
G Stow will ensure will ensure your project runs safely and efficiently.
We specialise in all aspects of borehole construction and management, provide a unique total M&E service, taking your project from conception to completion.
- Technical appraisal and design
- Hydrogeological surveys
- Licence application
- Test drilling
- CDM planning
- Health & Safety management
- Environmental management
- Borehole drilling
- Restricted access drilling
- Horizontal access drilling
- Mechanical, Electrical and ICA install
- Test pumping
G Stow are Principal Contractor scheme members and employ CSCS accredited site staff.
We have a variety of drilling methods for various geological conditions:
- Reverse circulation rotary – Used for large diameter water well drilling generally in soft and unconsolidated formations. This method also puts less pressure on the formation wall and therefore improves development of the well on completion.
- Direct flush rotary using mud, air, water and foam – Normally used in smaller diameter borehole drilling at depths down to 900m and in all formation desities from unconsolidated to hard rock drilling.
- Cable tool percussion drilling – appropriate where water for drilling is not available. In soft formation, this method of drilling is very efficient.
- Down the hole hammer rotary – for hard rock drilling
- Rotary auger, continuous flight and bucket – used in soft formations for example, piling, soakaway, boreholes, drilling, top hole to start large diameter flooded reverse drilling
Commercial Water Boreholes
Along with private customers, we have worked extensively with public water supply companies, farmers, hoteliers and companies requiring a private supply. We drill and maintain water boreholes for many of the UK’s water supply companies.